View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Oddman

Doing this for me--DAY 2

I've done this before. I've stopped drinking for up to 30 days before. This isn't special. I'm not doing anything that normal people can't do. Why is this all so important? Blah..................

There, got that off my chest. Time to take it easy, and ask God(?) to help me stay sober one more day. I was tired this morning, and not in the best mood. 3 year old daughter up a few hours throwing up. Think she ate something bad last night. Therefore not much sleep for the wife and me. On the flip side, if I had been drunk I would have been pissed at my daughter for keeping me up (like it's her fault) and my wife would be pissed at me because I didn't get out of bed fast enough, or wash off the blankets good enough.

I don't really feel like writing much. Think I'll read some more posts. Kinda like going to a meeting and just listening. I'm such a FAKE. I haven't gotten myself to a meeting!! I just read a lot of books about meetings, and listen to meetings on my ipod. What a joke right?!?!

God I'm pissy today. This is only day 2, but hey!!!! I made it through day 1. Here's to today!! This is kind of like listening to a completely insane person. I apologize to any one who had to read these ramblings. But like I said, I'm doing this for me dammit!!

I got rice cooking in the microwave, got a three day beard I don't plan to shave. It's a goofy thing but I just got to say, hey I'm doing alright. Think I'll make me some homemade soup. Feeling pretty good and that's the truth. It's neither drink nor drug induced, no I'm just doing alright. And it's a great day to be alive. I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes. There's some hard times in the neighborhood, but why can't every day be just this good. --Travis Tritt

Trying to change my mindset with my music this morning. I'll be OK.