View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
queenteree
Recovering Nicely

Right now living alone seems hard, but once you get used to it, get a system down pat, get a system either with the dogs or if you need to place them for adoption, either way, you will realize it's not hard, it's not purposeless, it's DIFFERENT. I haven't gotten a chance to read all your previous posts, but I've been where you are now (except w/grandchildren instead of dogs), my RAH left me 9 mos. ago, I had just gotten my two young grandchildren placed with me by cps due to my daughters addictions a few days before, two months worth of unpaid bills, no money, no groceries (cause before that I never brought groceries cause he never ate), my house had not been cleaned in about 2 weeks, laundry hadn't been done, cause I'd been avoiding being at the house when he was there, so there's was plenty of catching up to do. At the beginning, it seemed hard, real hard. There were also all the emotions attached to it, like grieving the end of my marriage. But I had to pull myself together, get off my pity pot. I took a vacation day, got all the cleaning and laundry done, went food shopping, and the chaos started to lift! It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am now back with my RAH, who is sober now 6 mos., but looking back, I would not trade that time in my life for anything in the world. Hang in there, it will get better, trust me, and in 6 mos. you will be looking back at this post and say "what was I thinking when I wrote that post?" Your life will be so much better!
(((Hugs)))