View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

In better days my son said he knew we loved him even in his worst times. That meant a lot to me and still does.

Letting go doesn't mean we stop loving them, it means we love them enough to let them find their own way and maybe save their own lives.

Living with us never worked, we tried many times, but it just made using easier for him, using and stealing and lieing and acting out causing chaos in our safe place, our home.

We are not their only option, we're not even a good one. There are detox facilities, rehabs, and sober living homes where they can have support, counseling and have a safe place to live while they begin recovery. They have a choice, and these are all better ones than living at home and using.

I remember the founder of this site, a recovering addict named Jon, once telling me that I just might love my son right into his grave. That's exactly what I was doing.

I will keep your daughter in my prayers, that she finds a good path and beats her addiction as so many others have done.

Hugs