View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
BS08

Originally Posted by nytepassion View Post
My husband was/is addicted to pot. I hate it. I couldn't stand seeing him grab his bong and head for the back porch. Then I'd hear the sound of his lighter, then him hacking away coughing.

He'd cough so hard his face would turn beet red and his veins would pop up. I thought he'd have an aneurysm.

He smoked first thing in the morning, all day and last thing he did before he went to bed. He spent lots of time, money and energy on his mistress Maryjane. She came before his kids, food, rent, bills, everything.

Along with his cigs, booze, pot, meth, sex addictions not to mention the mental, emotion, verbal, psychological abuse he spewed forth on me and the children and as if that wasn't enough I found out that he was a narcissist (a cheating one at that) Soooooo, I kicked his arse out and the only thing I regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Now when I get up in the morning I get to enjoy the sounds of the birds signing instead of listening to an annoying pothead choking on a bong hit and hacking up a lung.

Life is peaceful without a pothead in it
Passion
God, I remember that sound every morning. The lighter, the sound of the water in the bong, and then the hacking cough. Every morning and every night. I hated it, I hated the smell and I hated seeing that stoned look in his eyes. He was getting stoned before he went to work, sometimes that involved getting up early and handling explosives. Stoned and handling explosives? My God. How stupid is that. He also works construction jobs in the summer (he works freelance for his friends) where he smokes on the job. Then he wonders why he broke a $600 sink! I was way too tolerant of that crap. We couldn't even go on a hike without him stopping to light up. Nature you know. Great place to get stoned.

He offered it to me twice in one day before when we first started going out. He knew I didn't touch the stuff, but offered it anyways. I was pissed he did and told him so. It was just him being uncomfortable around a sober person.

I don't know about him, but I think life and the world look pretty damn great on their own to be altered by drugs...