View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hammerhead

Aaawww froglegs....

Today I tackled the weeding in the backyard. I was looking around at the deck that needs to be restained, the porch that needs to be restained, the kids swingset that needs to be restained, I need to add new woodchips to all of the landscaping beds, the grass is getting long...I was just feeling overwhelmed, and I think it finally sunk in that I am going to be on my own.
Girl... me too... but I thought of it a lil bit differently...

I dug up 3 ornery stumps yesterday... I was so relieved that I didn't have to contend with an AH... I took all my aggression on those 3 stumps and boy did I give it to them!

Now I must admit that I had to learn to be handy... and it can be overwhelming... but in manageable pieces... make a list and prioritize it. Can a neighborhood kid mow your grass and add the woodchips?

Heck... you might consider having a "clean-up my yard...stain the deck... he's gone party" and provide a BBQ.... It would be a great opportunity to have friends over AND get work done.

There is more than one way to look at things... you're smart... you can do this...

((hugs))

**SUKI - GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE**

Last edited by Hammerhead; 05-01-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Suki is reading my mind :)