View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

KYB.....Huggs to you for riding out the temptation. It will get better but oh yes those moments I believe will always pop up. Your strength and determination is inspiring.

I would lie if I said that I don't have those moments. I had one last night where I was so irritated at my hubby that I just wanted to go to the store and buy a bottle. Oh....I was pi$$ed but that is part of my recovery. Dealing with conflict soberly. It is a challenge but totally doable. While I thought about it.....I was firmly planted and unwavering. There was no way I would drink again but the old habit was in my head saying....do it do it.

Your moment of vulnerability is a prime example of how amazing and wonderfully supportive SR is. I post at all times but it is at a time like this where we need that instant....help me....I am struggling. There is almost always friends on here to comment and let us know we aren't alone.

God Bless everyone in this community and yes.....I do regard all of you as friends and SR has given me the positivity and support that I needed that 1st shaking detox day to the now where I am learning coping strategies in recovery.

Yayyy for sobriety and I am proud of all of us. Stay strong...one day at a time.

Kim