View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
WhiteWave
Wandering Student of Life

I applaud you Kyb!
I'm starting to lose track of everyone here in April. Again, welcome to any newcomers I haven't already said hello to.

For those that have been having rough or low times, I am so happy that you come here and post about it. For me to know that I'm not alone in this struggle is such an amazing tool, I can't even find the words. I worry about you guys, you know? When I read that you're stressing, I wish like hell that I could just come over and play a game of cards or make a meal or something to help change your atmosphere and maybe give you hope/help.

I am no way near step 12, (haven't even presented my step 1 in group yet), but my heart just feels so full - like it's going to spill over - I want to be here for my fellow addicts/alcoholics/screw-ups The comradeship I feel here is very special to me.

I hope everyone enters May with hope and conviction

May 1st is the Pagan holiday Beltaine - a particularly "hopeful" event. There's a lot to be said about it, but I'd like to just break it down to this: this is a date to fully grasp and appreciate the beauty and wonder of spring and the renewal of life. Even if it's pouring rain tomorrow with hail and thunder, it's still freshness coming out of the darkness of winter. If that's not a great metaphor for early recovery, I don't know what is, -giggle-.
I haven't participated in any pagan events or rituals for nearly 6 years - this will be my first sober holiday of any sort in a looooong time. I'm excited and feel pretty damn good.

No matter where you're at tonight, low, even, or great, I wish you all the best.

I'm still thinking about creating a little banner for all of us.

Take care, and blessed be!
WW