View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ceres
Go ask the Multivax

I'm an Atheist. What that means to me is that I do not believe there is a God or Gods as commonly described by creationism. I do not even hold onto any kind of notion that there might even be one.

I believe we all have a pure person inside of us devoid of prejudice and ego. This is the part of my I try to get in touch with. My higher power lies in humanity. I can give things up to humanity by letting go of my ego and seeking outside help. I am growing. I feed my mind regularly to keep myself balanced. This will sometimes include even reading the bible. As it's a great work. However, I believe there was no divine hand in the writing. Rather a mosaic of great thinkers.

I do not use the word "pray" because of the connotation that it is directed to a deity. So, I use self-implorations. I will ask of that pure part of me to "Be the most helpful person I can today for myself and others".

I do not do these directed to others. I do not believe praying for anyone does boo except to the person praying. So, if someone is dying. A imploration I would use would go along the lines of "May I be the best friend I can be for this dying human".