View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wantingit
Finally Honest

Suboxone Question

Ok,

I went to the Addictionologist last week and gave him my history was totally honest with him and he seems like a pretty good guy. He put me on lexipro which I had researched and felt was something I could try for my anixiety and depression issues. What caught me off guard was his disscussion with me about the possibility of being on suboxone. Now I am coming up on 30 days again soon so I don't need it for withdrawls or anything but as we talked about my history he seemed to think since I was able to get 6-9 months on my own (with AA,NA) but then seem to fall apart that I might be someone who would benifit from a mantience dose for a long period of time.

I explained to him that I didn't think that was a good idea since I would have to go through withdrawls later which I heard can really suck.

So I guess my question is what do you guys think about someone purely being on suboxone as a deturent to using as that would be the situation in my case, I guess it would be similar to an alcoholic being on antabuse.

No doubt my inability to stay clean for more than 9 months on my own has me considering it.

Opinions please!

Thanks