Thread: 1 whole month
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snarf
Snarf Snarf

1 whole month

It was 1 month ago today, March 24, that I took my last drink. The month has brought many new experiences, and I'm learning how to deal with them sober.

The first 2 weeks I buried myself in meetings. 4 in a day, maybe 3, sometimes only 2, but that's where I was all the time. It was the only safe place I knew to be. The last 2 weeks have been a little different. Not going to meetings as much, because I'm working overtime trying to fix some of the damage I caused. I'm working extra hours to try to stabilize my financial situation. I'm doing a lot of schoolwork to try to catch up on some things I slacked on this semester. And I'm spending a lot of time at home with my fiancee. We've been together 7 years, but she missed out on spending time with me even when I was home, because I was drunk and not focusing on here. I've got a lot of lost time to make up for.

I will be going back to meetings on a more regular, and hopefully daily, basis. I felt bad for missing them a couple days, but right now there are some things that have gone unattended for too long and they need to be rectified. I'll get back into the routine, but it's been imperative that I do certain things at the beginning of my sobriety.

This site has been a Godsend. Even when I didn't have the time to drive to a meeting, or if it was too late to go when I got off work, I've been able to come here and speak with my friends and read everyone's posts. I'm so very thankful for SR and all the wonderful people here. You guys have helped me so much, and I only pray that I may be able to help someone else.

I hope everyone has a great day and an awesome weekend. Take care, guys and girls!