Thread: day 3 sober
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Robin66
Nathan Thurm fan

Hi everybody, this is my first post. I've been reading this site for about 3 days. I've been reading the end-stage threads. I'm only on day 4. I wasn't going to post because I felt like I should be sober for a month or so before posting or I'd look like a fool, but I just discovered this beginner's thread. I was very wrapped up in the end-stage threads because I recently discovered after being educated that I'm heading down that road. I've been in deep denial for many years. I just got my first DWI and that is what woke me up. For me, that was my "bottom".
Just wanted to say Hi. I love this site and think it's going to be helpful. I also would like to tell a very short story: I hit and killed a cat yesterday. It ran out in front of me and I could do absolutely nothing to avoid it. The fact that I did not drink or smoke weed (I'm addicted to that too and my last use was the 14th....my last drink was the 19th) kind of proves to me that maybe I can really do this. For ME (animal freak) not to get drunk and/or stoned after killing a cat is UNBELIEVEABLE to me. I'm amazed.
OK, I'm done now. Sorry to ramble. I don't have anybody to talk to but my mother. Robin