Thread: Real Alcoholic
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Point taken.

The BB provides a more than adequate description of a ,'real alcoholic' as shown in the previous reply, so point taken, no problem. In my drinking days I for one would admit to all of this but others could drink with impunity, not me I always made a fool of myself. . . . .and eventually it got worse, as it always does.
For an idiot like me, a 'real alcoholic', determined beat this thing and drink like others, hell I was as normal as the next person, course I was.
I didn't even know I was ill, suffering a hangover, no money etc.etc. but I wasn't ill. Alcohol-ISM is an illness of ignorance.
When, for numbnuts here it was explained that 1) I suffered a physical and mental allergy to alcohol, combined with 2) the fact that alcohol had an effect on me that it didn,t have on,'normal social drinkers', I had the glimmerings of an understanding that I wasn't quite the same, in one respect as other people and it just might be against all the odds that,'your hero here,might be not only a heavy drinker, alcohol dependent but an actual,'real alcoholic' , when that sunk in I was able to accept my condition and for me acceptance is the fiundation of the First step. MikeW.