Thread: No coincidences
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doodledog

No coincidences

Hi all:

Just wanted to share about a great AA meeting I attended tonight. The topic was: “What keeps you coming back?’’ The energy in the room was palpable and the responses were fantastic.

I usually don’t go to meetings on Friday, but I decided to go tonight because I had been letting work get me all strung out this week. So much so that I hadn’t been good about getting to meetings, doing my readings and taking care of myself. I also had been thinking about how nice it would be to take the edge off with a drink or two -- or more.

What keeps me coming back to the rooms and this board is that I’m starting to see some real benefits in my life. I’ve been sober a little over six months and I’m feeling better. The first six months were really hard and I was pretty ticked off all the time.

My recovery is still so new and I can’t take anything for granted, as this last week shows. I’m so glad I went to that meeting tonight. I heard what I needed to hear. Thanks to everyone here for your posts, too. I learn a lot from you.

ddog