View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Washburn

Day 1...This is going to be interesting.

I am new to the site and this is my first post on my hopefully my 1st Day not drinking.

Im 28, single and live alone so nobody really knew my issues. I tried quitting several times in the past. I wouldn't tell anyone and would try to fight these demons alone. I would loose this fight EVERYDAY!! I needed to let my close friends know so they could help out. These are close friends of mine that I ignore and never see anymore because I'm too pre-occupied with my drinking. Last night I got drunk and made a few phone calls to let them know my situation and asked for help. I wasn't really surprised when they were all for helping me out, but it was a hard call to make...Well not really, i was drunk. But I did almost tear up from the support...Almost.

4:50pm to 5:30pm today will be a crucial time for me. It's when I get out of work that I fight the demons before heading to the beer store. I asked my friend to intercept me at work so he can distract me. My distraction will be mountain biking, then hopefully a Jam Session with another friend. They can't babysit me all night, so hopefully i don't go nuts when left to my own devices...

Thats all i got for today...Hopefully tomorrow will be day 2...