Old 04-22-2010, 03:20 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Ronan

10 days today!
And it's mah birthday too. 25 years...young

I've the date of my sobriety tattoo'd on me now so there's no turning back.. unless I wanna be like those idiots who get band stuff tattoo'd on them and then decide a few weeks later they don't like em :P

I feel absolutely fantastic. The world looks different. I've told most of the people close to me and I expected a lot of "Ah you're not an alcoholic, you just need to cut down" but everyone is pretty much like "I'm proud of you" which I guess scares me as it shows me how far my alcoholism had come and that I wasn't hiding it as well as I thought!

Main problem is people want to buy me stuff. A friend wants to buy me a new set of golf clubs and I should be like "YES!!" but there's a sense of guilt on my part. I feel I quit because of all the bad stuff, I don't feel like I've done some great thing and I deserve all this praise..

Anyway enough venting, it's a beautiful day and I'm gonna hit a meeting then walk around in the sun while I wait for my beautiful girlfriend. I've got nothing to do today but smile