View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
rdy4change

An update....

Good morning everyone. I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. Been busy! I'll give you as much of a condensed version as possible.

My mom and sis-in-law came early to help me start packing. I had taken DD to AH's sister's house for a day long play date. AH started with the attitude, we kept packing. He started drinking...on #3 by 11:00. My brother came at noon and had me call the police because AH was trying to force me to get my things out very quickly. Additionally, there were guns in the house (I had hid them so he didn't know where they were) and I was advised from the dispatcher not to remove them until the police arrived. They arrived, talked to us both. He blew a .17 at noon....nothing for an alcoholic. It's not illegal to be drunk in your own home so it was merely to see what type of demeanor to expect from him.

AH's brother and wife showed up to help and I think that really got to him. We took a load to the storage room, came back and he had locked us out. The cops went in (I anticipated the locked door and left a patio unlocked) calling for him and he wouldn't respond. We had to go across the street while they went in with guns drawn because there was a handgun in the house we couldn't find. Anyway...he came out and left in a cab - supposedly going to his attorney's office. Blah blah...

More people came and we just kept throwing stuff in boxes. Needless to say, we got almost all of it out. The important stuff anyway. I had taken all of the important paperwork & my jewelry, etc. out months ago in anticipation of this.

DD and I are at my parent's house and I may be able to close on my townhouse this Friday which would be great. DD has not asked about her dad at all. Who by the way says that he wants nothing to do with her anymore...she's mine. I can have sole custody (duh) and support her 100%. I said - that's just the way I want it.

Yesterday morning he called from jail....apparently the cops must have been filling out the police report and found the bench warrant for contempt of court. They came back and arrested him. He blamed it on me. I said I didn't call it in....if I wanted to call it in...I would have done it on moving day to get him out of my hair! We talked a little...he's calm and obviously very depressed.

There are still some odds/ends at the house but he did invite me back yesterday when I asked him to leave DD bike outside. I DID NOT go alone. His sister was there. I was in and out in about a minute and a half! Knees shaking.

He's meeting with his attorney today and I don't know if it's just for his bankruptcy issues or if he'll retain him for the divorce too...which has been in default for 3 months so I'm not sure how that plays out.

Anyway....thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It was officially the worst day of my life. But I do know I will emerge much stronger and I am already anxious to start living my life....creating my own drama (the good kind!!!) and eliminating his from my life.

While I feel a sense of relief, I'm still sad. Sad that he chose this path...sad that it came to this...sad for my daughter who left for a play date and will never see her room again. Just sad. But, as of yesterday...I officially removed my wedding ring. I am ready.