View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

rdy4change...you're in my prayers today.

I'll second (third? fourth?) what has been said and beg you to get friends or family or even coworkers to be there with you to help with the packing. Do not be alone with this "man" during this volatile period. Considering the fact that he's being confrontational about things, I would try to go as peacefully as possible (i.e. not get into a fight in order to keep this or that item). In this situation, your safety is of paramount importance. Objects can be purchased again later on.

I wonder if, considering the threats he has made, there wouldn't be a way to get the police involved here...I'm not certain.

In any case, perhaps making yourself a quick list of the items you plan on taking might make the process go faster. Remember to take important paperwork, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport, health card, insurance papers, tax stuff, etc. These are hard to get a hold of later on.

I also left with just a bit of clothing, a few pieces of furniture (rocking chair, heirloom dish cabinet, and a mattress) and my DD. Yes, I took a big financial hit by leaving a bunch of furniture (most of which were gifts to me by my family), electronics (a flat screen tv given by my dad), and all the kitchen ware, along with several thousands of dollars worth of debt (not to mention the 100K AH burned through while I stripped and supported him), but I left!! My mother, father, uncle, aunty and a family friend showed up with two cars and a van, and they moved me out quickly. When AH found out just how many people were coming, he arranged not to be there and just used his son to monitor what I was taking. Today, when I look back I wonder if I wasn't paranoid or overcareful, but I'd rather be paranoid and alive, than careless and injured/dead.

Please let us know how things go and I hope you can find a way not to leave this man alone with your child.

SUPER to you!