View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Andi

Thanks for replying,

I've been thinking about this some more today and I think I should definately go with my gut feeling. In this case meaning, I can't say 100% sure that he's an alcoholic, but I will be paying close attention.
Like Walter said earlier, meeting one time is not enough, and Carols suggestion of meeting in a non-alcoholic environment next time (if we do) would be the way to go. Have to add that those are hard to find around here! lol!

Humblebee, I was still drinking when we first met, not drunk yet when we talked so I remember that particular conversation ;-)). So if he recognized me as "one of the club" the other night, he must've been in for a big surprise now!! Hahahaha! But as Fandy also mentioned, normally you do try to be on your best behaviour when meeting one on one for a first time (especially).

Yeahgr8, gotcha will try to read between those lines, good point.

Hey Noelle, I get your point of not being able to be 100% sure (unless you get all the facts or the person actually tells you) and going along further, it would be judgmental of me if I was. But I do believe in intuition, gut feeling...should have listened to it more in the past. This being said, if my choice of words annoyed you in any way, I'm sorry.