Old 04-16-2010, 11:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kittykitty

Congrats on the no contact! I understand how hard it is.

I actually have a list I wrote, next to my bed, that reminds me of all the reasons I got out of the relationship with XABF. Yup, I wrote them all down... that way if i get lonely, or feel like I am starting to miss him, I can look at the list and be reminded of the way it really was, the reasons I ended it. Sometimes so quickly I start to think "well, was it really that bad?" or "the good times were worth the bad times, I should have given him another chance" and start to blame myself for why the relationship didn't work. "Everyone argues once in a while" or "everyone drinks too much once in a while". I actually start to justify his behavior in my mind!!! My mind easily remembers the good times, and blocks out the bad, so eventually I think to myself that it was my fault for it not working, and start to consider dropping my boundaries. Gotta re-read the list!!

Another thing I have seen people suggest on here, is to go back and read old posts... that's always a great reminder of how miserable we were before... makes it alot harder to miss someone when you are reading your own words about the hell they put you through.

Good luck, and keep up the great work!!