View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BurningChrome

Coming up on 60 days and BAM!

Got laid off this afternoon :-( The last thing I need is free, idle time on my hands! Last drink was Feb. 20th, still putting my shoulder to the wheel, doing whatever I have to do to keep it that way. But this certainly doesn't help things in the slightest! I kind of saw it coming with my company losing contracts and what not, so I went to a tech job fair last week to get my resume in circulation just in case. I write software for a living and even in my field and education level, it's tough finding a long term job these days. I plan on spending part of the weekend making a schedule for myself where I get up at a normal time, spend a set number of hours reading tech stuff and writing new SW to learn new things to make myself more marketable, exercise every day for an hour or so. I know myself, my biggest weak spot is having to much free time. I need to make a schedule to fill those hours.... Sigh.... No questions or anything, I just needed someplace to vent my extreme frustration at getting laid off on a Friday afternoon with zero notice. Thanks for listening! Looking back, I am _SO_ glad I quit when I did because if I was still drinking now, I would be an absolute basket case within a week or so with no job... Just drink all day to swallow up all that free time... I feel better having come here and writing this, this evening. Getting laid off does NOT mean I get to drink :-( It just means I have to get up and pound sand and find new work.....
Peace,
..Mike