View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 09:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
CocoonGirl

Yeah, I’ve been going through some of the stickies at the top of the message board. They all seem to be good reads. Although I imagine that is why they have stickies attached to them.

I came across The New Codependency a few weeks ago, but for some reason I always seem to get lost in the reading. Is Codependent No More easier to follow? I thought that since they were by the same author that they would be the same, but maybe not?

The incident with my therapist happened so long ago that I don’t remember her exact words. But I know that she definitely wasn’t pleased with the assignment I tried to complete. All I remember was that somehow I did not do what she had asked me to do, and as a result, I felt horrible. I don’t remember seeing her much after this incident.

It was just something that came to mind as I thought about reasons why therapy has never really seemed to work for me. I’ve thought about giving it another try, but I guess I’m afraid that it won’t work again. I’m not always that good about talking about my problems because half of the time I’m not even sure where to begin. If only talking could be as easy as writing, then I would be just fine.

And as far as the cyber-flinching thing goes, I probably have been a bit hard on myself lately. I posted my message shortly after another stupid argument with my boyfriend, or I guess my now ex-boyfriend. He does not claim to be an alcoholic, but he acts like it, and I certainly react to it, and as a result, our relationship sure does look like it. I went three weeks without any contact with him, but broke it because there were just too many things that kept reminding me of him. I don’t know, maybe things will be easier now that his birthday is over for the year.

I think the reason why I was thinking back to the internet friendship thing was to somehow fill the void of missing my boyfriend. The internet guy was there for me during a dark time in my life, and I think sometimes I think back on it thinking that it doesn’t really work this way, but I guess sometimes my mind just goes there anyway.

But I think that is it for now. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.