View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paula374

My son called from the brig today..

First off I guess I will tell you guys the extent of his addiction (I didn't in the first thread I had made). His drug of choice is pot. He has used everything under the sun though. His charges were for marijiuana, cocain, and D-amphetmin use, posession of marj., distribution, plus other miliary charges.

I asked him how his treatment was going and he said it was going really good. I was happy to hear that. Then he goes on to tell me that he knows for sure he never wants to do cocain, pills, etc. again. He said he knows for a fact that if it were in front of him that he could pass it by. Then he told me that pot was another story. He says he still battles with the "want".

He, IMO, is trying to reason it out that it's ok as long as he is just smoking pot. He told me that it didn't really affect him when he was at school or at work before, when he did it. I of course HIGHLY disagree with him on this. He skipped school so much he almost didn't graduate, and he never lasted to long at any job. When he did work he was always broke from buying pot and whatever else he was doing. He also said he was an adult and he figured he could make the choice on whether he still wants to smoke or not.

As far as I know he has never had a "habit" of using other drugs (from what he tells me anyway) like he does marj. He smoked everyday at least three or more times a day for probably 3 yrs. I feel like he's trying to get himself to believe that it's ok to smoke.

I fear that he will go back to his old life style..I asked him how he was feeling about his friends here at home. He told me that he would probably not contact most of them. There are 2 friends, his best friends, I know for sure he will get with as soon as he gets back.

I feel his chances of staying clean are already slipping away..