View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mermaidgirl

Kitty-what a great reminder. Thank you. I had a similar experience last week. A close colleague of mine and incoming Chair to an organization I am currently president of, was having a really crappy week last week. Every morning he woke up to a plumbing nitemare (water in the basement one day; no water the next). He is aware I am going thru a painful divorce and I just sent him a email response that said what can I do for you today?

He picked up the phone and, while I couldn't answer when he called, he left me the most heartwarming voicemail. He said this is the stuff that makes me such a great friend for him. He said with all the crap I am going thru-I actually asked what I could do for him. Granted, we don't even live in the same state, but it was the thought that moved him enough to pick up the phone and thank me.

All I could think was, hey, I'm not a bad person afterall...after all the stuff I used to do for my STBXRAH and NEVER got a thank you...it was so strangely intoxicating-so I know exactly what you are talking about.