View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kittyboo

Don't believe the bad things....

So I think a lot of us deal with the really crappy things our X or Current A's have said to us. It seems so easy sometimes to believe those bad things that they say. It all takes a toll on our spirits, emotions etc..... I know that I cried quite a bit this weekend from hearing my X-A "friend" tell me I was clearly insane....

But, today I was thinking about just that. Why we often put so much focus on those bad things.....

The day I got those texts from my XA, I also got a letter from a man that I have been exchanging emails with. It was a thank you letter for a coffee mug I sent him for his birthday. In it he said this to me ....

"....so this is completely a thank you note. Your kindness, thoughtfulness and grace as a person have been proven to me today....."

I cried when I read those words. They are so simple, but after immediately reading words telling me how crazy I was to think there was ever a relationship, and it's my fault that we are not friends anymore.... these simple words hit me, because someone actually acknowledged kindness. All for a $7 coffee mug!
I spent months concerned with the happiness of my XA, and the acknowledgement I get is "yeah, I have my ex back, don't need you anymore.... but thanks for the sex one night (which i'm not even going to acknowledge even happened with you anyway)..."

I thought it was a bit ironic that I opened that letter right after those text messages. A reminder from my HP maybe that I really am a good person and not insane?? Who knows.

What I do know, is that I want to pay attention and focus more on those good things that people say, and take THOSE to heart and not the other crap. Because the other crap doesn't matter.

Just kinda wanted to remind everyone that when someone tells you how awful you are..... don't let that resonate with you. When someone tells you how beautiful, kind, thoughtful, gracious, giving and caring you are, let that be what sits with you FOREVER because that is the reality!