Thread: Help, please!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wrenwrench

D,

Thanks. Sipping tea and bubblegum have become a way a life for me, especially for long nights of work. I have been thinking about trying an AA meeting, but have not mustered courage to actually go to one. A number of reasons for that - I live in a small town and I'm kind of concerned about seeing someone who knows me. I'm not very social and I don't like going places where I don't know anyone (which conflicts with my prior reason). I think it would be best if I don't tell my husband I was going because he prefers to think I don't have a problem with drinking too much. I just hate having to sneak out or lie to him to go to a meeting. Also, maybe I've been drinking so long I can't imagine living without it for very long. I have quit for maybe 2 or 3 months at a time a bunch of times over the years. My husband thinks I don't have a problem because I am successful in my career and as a student, and I can do all the stuff I have to do as far as taking care of the kids and house. But, obviously, I know I have a drinking problem.