View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CocoonGirl

I’ve tried therapy before, but it never really seems to work for me. The last time I gave it a try, it seemed as though it wasn’t long before I started asking the therapist questions as a way to avoid answering the ones she had for me. It seemed as though I was depending more on her to do the work for me instead of actually doing the work for myself.

I can also remember working with a therapist when I was a bit younger and being scolded for doing something wrong in some kind of assignment my therapist had given me. I cannot remember the specifics of the assignment, but I remember that it had something to do with writing out my thoughts or feelings and how I reacted in the situation where these thoughts and feelings occurred.

I came back the next week proud that I was able to follow through with the assignment she had given me. I had put a lot of hard work and effort into the assignment, but my therapist told me that I somehow did it all wrong. It’s possible that she tried explaining it to me again, but the only thing I remember is how much I somehow messed it all up. Ever since then I’ve been afraid to voice my own thoughts or opinions out of the fear that someone else will judge me and tell me that I’ve somehow got things all wrong.