View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Andi

3rd of April

Hi all,

Joining the class as well!

So today is day seven and it's babysteps, but it does feel great ending a workweek like this. Usually I'd feel worn out and only capable of...having a "few" drinks after my child fell asleep, because hey it's the weekend bla bla. Then ending up having to force myself in the happy mommy role the next day. Not always with succes, going through the motions and feeling unreal.

Sometimes it feels as if I'm thinking about drinking more, than when I actually was and that can be bugging. I guess it's because I'm not acting on the thoughts and trying to cope with them differently. Before, the thought came, I acted upon it and then of course I didn't have to think about it anymore because I was DOING it.

Today during lunch I was going to stay in and read through SR, but then my colleagues asked me to join them to have lunch outside, since it was such a nice day.
So ok, I ordered a coke and someone said, sure you don't want to have a glass of wine instead and I simply said, no thanks. That was it, no further questions...but what strikes me now, while writing is that I was not paying attention to her drinking her wine. I don't even remember her drinking from it, finishing it or whatever and I just LOVE that!!! Know what I mean? Wasn't obsessing.

Oh yeah last night I woke up and craved sugar, so took some candy from my son's candy jar in the middle of the night...I'll replace it ;-)

Looking forward to reading all of you