Thread: Decluttering
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NewBeginning010

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
Thanks everyone!

I will check into the Flylady website

I agree that physical clutter is a reflection of emotional clutter. It's a good thing for me to be doing this now. First of all, I *have* to if we ever want to sell our house plus it keeps me busy. Last night when I normally would have been drinking I was down in the basement sorting through stuff. This morning, I've already taken a van load to Goodwill.

I know I am going to have to deal with bigger emotional issues at some point, but right now, I am taking it one day at a time and not drinking. And that is good enough for now.

Thanks again... This group is so supportive and I really appreciate all of you.
Great job Reubena :day6 I have some of the same challanges you have in regards to attention spans & overwhelming projects (making them bigger than they are). I find making a top ten list of things to do & crossing the things I get done off help me (the crossing off part feels great ;-). Its ok to move some projects to tomorrow too of course.

Lastly I try to keep my projects in bite size pieces, instead of cleaning the house list them as smaller areas (kitchen, living room etc.)

Take care & good luck

NB