View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

better...better...

I've noticed a shift in my thinking. I have a dear friend, a male, that sometimes freaks out on me when I don't return his calls right away. Usually I feel bad, but this morning he sent me some nasty texts saying WTF!! You can't pick up the phone?

I'm so busy it's unreal. The guy I hired to disribute my newspaper state wide won't answer his phone or call me back-for a week! It was suppose to be distributed this week. So I"ve had to recreate everything and try to get folks their paper. Plus, prepare to testify in front of Congress on Monday and two other city council meetings this week. So yeah, I've been freaking busy.

So I called him and said, "I probably could have returned your call sooner, but you have no right to go off on me. You're acting like a child. Stop it."

Usually I would have coddled him out of fear that he'd be mad or some stupid sh1t like that. But I really think I just no longer suffer fools. Must be all of Jadmacks wisdom seeping in.

That felt great. He apologized! First time ever.

I think I"ve been programmed to take the blame for other peoples anger. Either that or rage back. I like this approach better--I've done nothing wrong; you're just a jerk!

And as an aside, I going to my first EMDR therapy session Tuesday. I can't wait, really, to clean out the last of this PTSD.