View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

How awful Katie. I can relate from a different perspective.

Tonight my little boy asked me if he could call his daddy. Now his daddy is on a downhill slide back into fullblown crack addiction. My little one doesn't know that though. All he knows is that he misses his daddy and wants to talk to him.

It's so hard. It's MY JOB to take care of my little boy - to protect him from his fathers illogical, irresponsible behavior. Those are the toughest boundaries to enforce - the ones that force me into a position of not allowing my son to have a relationship with his father.

But I did it. I told him daddy had to go far far away and he didn't have a phone where he was. I told him that when daddy came back he would call him.

That was it.

My little guy accepted it with one question. "Jeez momma. Why didn't he bring his phone?!"

What a time we live in!

LOL.

It was hard. But it was for the best.

Addicts lie and manipulate. They are just not capable of making logical healthy choices because of their addiction. They are not capable of thinking about anyone else but themselves. That's the nature of addiction.

How is the 15 year old doing? I can't imagine dealing with this when my son is a teenager. It's hard enough when he is in preschool.