View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Off topic-dumb question about marriage

When you moved together with your partner, did you feel you were pampered and appreciated and that your life got easier? did that feeling stay?

I just have this idea from my little "sharing" experiences and talks with older women (for some reason I befriend women over 60 years old) I got the impression the workload doubles, housework is always an issue because males won't move a finger, and they won't do any chores related to the kids either. So basically its like adopting another kid.

Lots of resentment.

Perhaps I am biased but I was wondering about my life living alone, can't wait, and those of you who have shared you got a partner but don't share at home give me the impression of being very peaceful.

I guess I am realizing its true I may need to live alone and have my own space all the time, not only "for a few years". And instead of spending my savings in a future wedding day, I may as well repair my car and buy a gray Mazda 3.

Just realizing this while I take his white socks out of the washer machine for the Nth time.

OK, now back to my own work, the one that is actually paid...