Thread: Another Newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
chicubs1

Originally Posted by Haon View Post
Just a quick note of introduction before going to bed. Today was my first day sober. I found this site earlier in the week and was just waiting for my authorization to join in the conversation. I have a lot of things to sort through and a lot of work to do, but I am ready. Not sure AA is the direction I will go, but I am doing research on what the best path for me is. Whatever path, it will be a sober path, and that is what is most important. Beer is my drug of choice and binge drinking is my pattern. I have gone a week or two without touching a drop, but when I do there is no off switch. It has been that way for the last 18 years. I've been married 10 years and have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. I am highly functional and my drinking has never caused question at my job as I restricted activity to post work. Naturally, I was not operating at 100% at work due to drinking too much the night before and passing out, but when that is the norm, co-workers don't know what 100% looks like. Well, I've rambled on long enough. It was a long day at work, I am beat, and the alarm clock is going to go off in 5 hours to do it all again. I look forward to making friends and finding support here. God bless and good luck.
You've stumbled onto an amazing resource. You'll find a few of us on here with stories very similar to yours (myself included - exchange your daughter for an 8 yr old boy and I could've written it). I'm not the AA type and this forum along with a small and dedicated group of friends/family for support have been a godsend for the last 3 1/2 months in recovery. Be strong and be well!