Thread: Decluttering
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Reubena

Decluttering

Hey guys,

I am working on my second week of sobriety (my third attempt in the past few years).

I know I have so much mental baggage (ie: hating myself) that I need to deal with, but right now I am trying to stay focused on not drinking.... one day at a time. So far so good

Anyhow, I have concentration issues, I really do think I have ADD. It is hard for me to complete projects (even easy ones like folding the laundry) because I seem to get sidetracked and start other projects which leads to more projects... etc, etc. It is overwhelming to have so much to do and not have anything completed. When I was drinking, it was easy to chalk up my lack of production to being hungover. Now, I can't do that.

We are going to be putting our house on the market within the next month or so. There is so much clutter around this house. I really need to get going and start cleaning and going through "stuff". I could probably fill a truck with all the stuff that we don't need. I can't help make the correlation between physical and mental junk. I have so much mental junk that I don't need or want, and I know I am going to have to deal with that in good time. Right now, I guess I'll focus on my house and maybe that positive step will spill over into my emotional well being.

Well, that's my ramble for now. Glad I actually finished what I wanted to write

Take care all. I have been avidly reading your posts and can relate to so much.