View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CocoonGirl

Newbie Having Trouble Moving On

Hi, I’ve been reading this board off and on for a few years now and finally decided to sign up and post something on it. A few years ago, I got caught up in what I would call a mutual entanglement with someone I met online. We never officially dated, but I’m not sure if we were strictly friends either. I thought he really cared about me, but as I look back on it, I cannot help but wonder if any of it was ever real.

When I met him, not only was he drinking, but he was doing drugs as well. I thought he was a nice enough guy that somehow I was willing to overlook these seemingly noteworthy traits. When he was using and drinking, we talked to each other almost every other day. We even talked about the possibility of meeting each other. But then all of a sudden things seemed to change the moment he decided to get sober and it an instant it felt as though I had lost my best friend.

It’s been about three years since the last time we really spoke to each other, but I still have a hard time moving on with my life. I’m not exactly sitting around waiting for him to come back into my life, but I still seem to have a hard time living my life without him. I think the main reason why I am having such a hard time moving on is the thought that one day he will come back into my life again. And so I guess I keep thinking about what that would be like, and what I would do if that were to ever happen.

He never really said that he did not want to be my friend anymore. He just seemed to disappear and said that it was difficult for him to be my friend. But he also said that some day he would like to be my friend again. Now I am honestly not quite sure if what he said was true, but it sure does make it difficult to move on with my life. I’m really torn about what to do. Has anyone else been through a similar situation?