View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Herc

If I had a one size fits all, failsafe 100% guarantee method, I'd share it and we could all move to Facebook LOL.

But clearly what works for some of us does not work for all.

I can only share what worked for me...after a long series of calamitous years, I finally worked out I was an alcoholic and that alcohol would always work to steal my life away from me.

I've committed myself to not drinking every day for the last three years - and I've also committed myself to doing whatever I need to do to make sure I don't drink.

I've also committed myself to delving into those underlying reasons that made me drink in the first place.

Along the way I've found meaning in coming here every day and helping others, I've found meaning the first real adult relationships of my life, and I've found meaning in and exploring my spiritual side and acknowledging that maybe I'm not the font of all meaning...

Even tho it's about so much more than not drinking, all that I've gained or discovered over the last 3 years is inexorably bound to me not drinking...and continuing to do so.

I like myself - and I like myself sober - maybe it needs be no more complicated than that.

So far it's worked for me.

D