Thread: Expectations?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
And I hate the fact that I cant get myself under control. My anxiety is so high I cant funtcion. This is despite the yoga, therapy, alanon. I have a dr appt tomorrow. I feel like i cant manage this on my own. I pray several times a day. I feel like my heart is so broken. My spirit feels empty. I feel worthless..I really cannot wait to move on. I have read codependent no more 3 times. I feel like I cant get control of my emotions..I admit this. I feel broken and I know this is coming within myself but cant really find myself to help myself?
I was like this after my 15 yr relationship ended and after a life threatening event.
It feels like nothing will sooth or make you feel whole again.
Time, time makes you feel whole again and in the meantime, waiting for "time" to come, you need to keep busy. REAL BUSY!
You need to "fake it til you make it"
Also, take a break from the reading, meetings and talking about it. I started to come out of my funk when I started to just focus on something else besides "recovery'

I know your pain, I was suicidal and was going to end it, but I didn't because I knew it would pass.