View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
peaceforme

Question advice please and support

hello everyone . well its been a while since I last posted . My AH had been doing ok for around 3 months . stopped drinking all the vodka he had been drinking in the past . We were very happy together or so I thought . He did drink a few beers daily during the 3 months that we had peace in our home . Any way we made an agreement that if and when he ever felt he was going to drink vodka that he had to tell me because I did not want to be around that at all ever .. so this one evening he asked me to take him to a hotel . I did . he of course drank vodka , the next morning called me to pick him up ..which I did . he sounded good on the phone .. but he was very drunk when I picked him up a few hours later . He then proceeded to be crazy , immature ..out of hand you name it . that afternoon he insisted that I take him to his parents . I had to go to pick up my son anyway so I dropped him off .. he threatened his mother and was obnoxious . she called the police . he is now in jail for probation violation . they are trying to help him . he will be there 3 more weeks , then to a half way house to work on sobriety, then come home with an ankle bracelet that monitors alcohol levels .(total of 8 months ) anyway my question and massive confusion is this ...I dont feel threatended by AA or him getting better but what i do feel and hear from more then a few poeple ( his mother, the drug and alcohol counselor of the county ) well he may not be able to come home right away . like meaning that to be sober he would perhaps not be able to come back to his environment for a bit of time . like a year . this pisses me off .. please advise me and help me out here . I was not threatened by his recovery until I hear this in a way .meaning why the hell would someone say that ? I dont drink .do not have drugs here .. have 2 children at home . his first responsibility is to us!!! right ? i am furious! of course no one takes into account what he wants because he would say if he could he would come home ... so ..dont know ..but am I a trigger ? does this environment ( family stress ) encourage his drinking ? and then from there what does that mean to me ? sounds like it means I am alone when I havent even been the one that is whacky and cant handle responsibility? i am not angry at him ....just saying that I feel kinda rejected ..why can he not do this with me ? and thats ok if he can not but why ?