Thread: Easter share
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kassie2

Easter share

I was struggling this morning. This is old story - but my father died at Easter time many years ago. He was my best friend. I always miss him this time of year. So I decided to go buy some flowers to cheer myself up and honor his memory. I am also struggling my first Easter w/o my RAH.

Once at the store the cashier wished me a Happy Easter and I really felt it. Then she remarked about the beautiful flowers. So I had to say something - I mentioned that they were in memory of my father. To my surprise she had a similar story to tell and told me (while others waited patiently). She gave me a verbal hug and asked me to come back later and tell her how the day went for me.

I left tearfully realizing that there are others out in world feeling a mixture of gladness and sadness today for many different reasons. I couldn't wait to get home and share this here b/c it made me wonder how others are put in our path to share life with us even if for a minute. This will be a good memory for me of how things work for the good.

Would you like to share today?