Thread: new to recovery
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ANGELINA243
We Do Recover

Welcome! Glad you are here. This is a great place for support. I know for me--I had to quit putting that poison into my body long enough for that "mental fog" to begin to clear. Each sober day is a positive step in the right direction. It took me years to get where I was at--into the depths of full blown alcoholism. It will take me awhile to get better. I spent many years drinking, so I know that it will take time to recover--mentally, physically, emotionally--and I am ok with that today. I have accepted the fact that I am alcoholic--and will always be....and no amount of abstinence will ever make me "normal" where alcohol is concerned. I can't drink successfully--well, not anymore---not for the past decade anyway. I have a disease, and although there is no "quick fix" I don't have to live in bondage to alcohol any longer. This last time when I said "I am done" I meant it. No one can get me drunk but me. Help is possible. There is hope. Asking for help whether here or someplace else is a major step forward. Just don't give up. We do recover.