Old 04-03-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tuco70

I would stop at Texas Roadhouse right at 4pm. That's when they would open the doors for business. Happy hour was $1 drafts. I would drink $5 worth and head home by 5pm. Being self employed, I had no problem with starting early. I would get home and start drinking rum and coke till I would go to bed around 9 or so. My family had accepted my drinking to a point. Kids would ask if they could get me my beer. Wife would just work around me, but she was getting fed up with living alone. Not much of a husband when your drunk all the time. Weekends was sun up, sun down, non stop. A week before I quit, my 6 year old son wanted to drink beer and said he wish he could get drunk like his dad. That hit home. Still I fell harder the last week because of it. Trying to medicate the pain. Woke up the next Sunday morning thinking, I can't and won't do this any more. Sooo... two months later and not a sip. Many things I have screwed up in the past 6 years, but I'm sober with a clear mind to accept the problems and move forward. I don't have all the answers, but each day I can work on my family, finances... etc., with baby steps. I couldn't do that while I was drunk. Ya those years where a waste, but I use that to motivate me.

my 2cents