Old 04-02-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DayWalker

My pattern was the same every time I drank. I'd stop by the liquor store and get a 2 liter of hawaiian punch, a fifth of vodka and a half pint of vodka. I always got the half pint with the fifth because the worst thing for me when I was drinking was the thought of running out before I blacked out, pretty sad.

Then I'd dump out about 1/3 of the 2 liter of hawaiian punch and pour the whole fifth into the 2 liter. I'd go into the back bedroom close the door turn off the lights and turn on my Drinkin' music (The Doors, Hendrix, lynyrd skynyrd) and just sit there and finish off the 2 liter/fifth in about 5-6hrs. Somtimes I'd work myself about half way through the extra half pint, other times the fifth would do it. That was my entire life day after day. I wouldn't come out of the room but if I ever did then I figured no one would know because I was drinking out of a Hawaiian punch bottle. Like they couldn't tell I was drunk out of my mind...I can't believe the things I made myself believe back then.

I hate to even think about how I was just a couple short months ago but it's something I for sure don't want to ever forget.

Steve