Thread: The pitts
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zandre

The first time I quit drinking my liver enzymes were high and after just a month of not drinking they had returned to normal levels. However due to that and a bunch of other stupid excuses I began to start drinking again. The relapse lasted a good 8 months or so before I finally quit again this time and have made it 40 days.

When I first went and saw my doctor, the day I quit, he took a liver and kidney test. Kidney came back fine and liver came back mildly elevated. However my doctor seemed to think it was simply due to the drinking the night before. Went back again a little less than a month later. Had another liver test done but have yet to hear the results (this was about a week and a half ago). I am kind of just taking the no news is good news approach.

Having said all that today, being my 40th day sober, I am still experiencing the dull pains on my right side but they do seem to be getting better. My doctor also told me in my last visit that my liver would be enlarged/inflamed for a little while most likely. I do believe I've read that it may take up to 3 months for them to return to normal. Maybe even longer. Take it from a very anxious person and self-described hypochondriac not too worry about it. No matter what the case is the best thing you can do is not drink.

Keep up the good work.