View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by superx1106 View Post
It's not in my nature to let statistics dictate my actions. I started a business 17 years ago with no money and not one business class, yet I do well for myself and my employees. Had I listened to the stats, I should have been out of business within 3 years of starting. It's looking at the situation, listening to your gut and making a decision.
Something I've learned over the years is that different situations require different approaches. There is no one-size-fits-all way of doing things. 'Not in my nature' for me is something I tell myself when I don't want to consider a different way of doing things.

Taking a risk on starting a business, when you are young and childless, with relatively little to lose, is an appropriate choice. And one I admire, by the way.

It's an entirely different thing to take a risk on a relationship with an active alcoholic, and involving your young child in that relationship.

I don't believe anyone here (including me) is telling you not to give her a chance. Just that a big dose of caution is in order. What's the urgency?

L