View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NYC_Chick

So this is the second alcoholic you have been seriously involved with? That should tell you something about yourself. I hated the co- dependent label, but the common denominator was me in all my sick relationships.

I watched an episode of Intervention last night that broke my heart. The man had been in rehab before the intervention this time. His father and mother were both recovering alcoholics for 20 years. He went to a 90 day in patient treatment program. He said he had never felt better physically or mentally after 3 months sober. He looked great and happy with his partner. They do an update at the end. He relapsed several times after, then ended his life last August.

They all look and sound this way after a few weeks or months; however, all that glitters is not gold.

Also, the fact that you are adding a few extra days to her sober time speaks volumes in my opinion. I used to cover and justify and make it all sound better for my xabf too until I got very honest with myself and accepted the truth of the situation.

I hope you are right about your alcohic gf. I think all of us gave been in your shoes. If the all stuck to sobriety, none of us would be here.