View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MidwestSheRides

Boss's Boss Wants to Speak w/Me...

I'm scared. My boss is out on vac for 2 weeks and 5pm today my boss's boss walks into my cubicle (fancy word for office ) says wants to have a 1/2 hr meeting w/me on where I am, where I want to be with the company, where I see myself, how I like my job, my career path, etc, etc, etc. Says I am 'very critical' to the operations of this office, just wanted to talk to me 1-1.

I'm scared ********. Scared I'm going to lose my job. My boss is a piece of ****, everyone in the office knows that, doesn't care much about anything. But couldn't the big boss have scheduled the meeting THIS week instead of first thing NEXT week...now I get to stew about it all weekend??? And why is big boss having the meeting conveniently while my boss is out of town???? Why don't I believe big boss when I asked why this conversation is important????? How do I know I'm not going to be a member of 'former-company-just-got-laid-off' club????? How do I know I'm not being lied/fudged to?????

Can't I just call in sick on Monday? If I ate a bad tomato knowing it would make me sick...can't I still just call in sick?

Breathing, breathing, breathing...I know this is how an alcoholic thinks (all sorts of crazy thoughts, none that end up in reality), I just don't know how to fast-forward it.