View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 03:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
namommy

More growth,

In recovery, I have had 2 nervous break-downs. I was a mess. I spent the better part of 2 1/2 years in bed. Mentally, I was really screwed up. I couldn't go out of the house alone, and if I did go out with someone it took a lot of forcing. I was physically sick from the side effects of the meds the doctor put me on. I held on strong to one thing that I learned in recovery. If I don't use, there is always hope. I held on to that hope and stayed in touch with my sponsor and my old homegroup members and a few good friends with their encouragement and alot of help from my HP, I began taking the necessary steps to come out of this situation.

I now have my life back. I went back into the rooms full throttle, alot of meetings, step work, service work and sponsorship. that was the first thing I needed to do, that is where I felt most comfortable. Little by little, I began adding the necessary components of life. I say little by little, because I wanted to achieve some type of balance with each thing before adding the next. I am now working again, as well as participating with my family. I went to the doctor yesterday, and he told me I was now stable and only need to see him every 3 months. without the help of my recovering friends I could not have done this.