View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Katie))) - I agree with ((Ali)). You've done what you can. FWIW, I LIVE with a raging codie. My stepmom is queen of denial, will do whatever she can to help someone avoid consequences and will worry if she doesn't have something to worry about.

I always think of the reading in "Language of Letting Go" that talks about how we are on one side of the bridge..we're in recovery for our codependency, and we see someone we care about on the other. I'm always wanting to go and physically drag them across the darned bridge, kicking and screaming if they must, because I KNOW it's the best thing for them!!!

Oops...that's slipping back into my codie ways, isn't it? It's hard...so very hard to watch someone accept this kind of life, but you and I know that we certainly didn't hear anything anyone said to US, until we were ready. We had to hit our bottom.

My 16-year-old niece lives in the same house and my stepmom and I - I've tried to show her a healthier way to live in order to counteract what she's learned from my stepmom. That's the best I can do. Maybe showing your friend a healthier way of life, and that there are options is the best you can do right now, too.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy