View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katie44

Need some feedback

I am posting this on behalf of a friend. I have told her what wonderful support this site is. My friends spouse is an alcoholic. He doesnt think so total denial. He will go two weeks without drink, but when he drinks he is sloppy, loud, aggresive and makes a total fool of him self. Of course he has every excuse he is under stress, the weather is nice, he has to drink with other business associates or he wont fit in. He has two prior impaired charges, he was a good financial supporter but was never around for his kids.
Work and the beer came first. I have watched her go in to a deep depression. Sometimes she will admit spouse has a problem, other days she admits it. They dont go out together, she turns every invite down. He is always the big mouth slobbering drunk in the room. He calls her horrible names when drinking, is totally unreliable. Last nite she called upset she left her spouse at work when she went back to pick him up he was drunk again.
He was mad that she didnt answer the cell phone its his ( she is supposed to answer when she has his cell on her) He then proceed to belittle her all the way home.
I dont know how to get through to her I am worried about her depression. Im hoping she reads this site. Oh he says because he doesnt drink everyday he is trying. Don't you think someone that drinks and turns in to a disgraceful big mouht disgraceful drunk is a problem.