Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ceres
Go ask the Multivax

Originally Posted by stella27 View Post
I am single (separated, not divorced for 7 months now) and I can't describe the joy I feel with my life. It is as though I am living in technicolor after years of black/white and gray.

I realize that due to living with an abusive A, I didn't think *I* was good enough. My allegiance to him kept me from seeking out really healthy people whom I can admire.

Every day has its elements of fun. And a delightful sense of the absurd.

I am secure and happy in my own skin. I am learning how to like myself.

One thing I have done is seek out photos of myself where I look attractive. I had decided that I wasn't attractive and then I started living like I wasn't attractive and didn't spend any time getting dressed or trying to look nice, and guess what? I didn't look attractive.

I am overweight, but have started running (and roller-skating and horseback riding) and guess what? my legs are starting to develop some tone and look pretty. And I am letting myself admire myself for the first time in years.

When I hear myself becoming paranoid "I can't believe I said that. They must have thought I was really stupid." I stop myself, say "I wonder why I am feeling so down on myself today?" acknowledge that my recall may not be factual, but more emotional, and then try to move on.

I feel so good for the first time in years.
This is precisly where I am with just a couple hiccups. I'm two months seperated and everyday more is revealed. Revelations of my marriage and revelations of an optimistic future based soley on my well being.

One thing I've noticed about photo's (except one small period) is that I was much better looking than how I perceived myself at the time. Which is also very telling.