View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
chicubs1

Hang in there!

Originally Posted by jackfrost View Post
Thanks for telling it like it is and not sugarcoating anything. And it sounds like it ain't easy but, it does get easier. 3 months, that is a major accomplishment. Congrats to you.
You actually make it sound like a clear positive (the NOT drinking) and I believe you. Whereas before, I'm thinking I know I need to make a change but, I'm going to miss so much of the drinking "lifestyle" I was questioning whether it would be worth it?
You give me hope that not only can I still have a good time without the booze but, actually can have a BETTER time.
Now that sounds like a good deal to me: don't feel like crap, don't make ass of self and still manage to have a fun time. I like the sound of that.

jack
It only gets better - hang in there. I've learned in a short time that hearing it "like it is" is the only way to get through this. Your situation sounds so much like mine it's scary. This forum is a great resource especially if you're like me and AA isn't for you. Great people and great advice. If you have any friends who have gone through it, seek them out. They can be a valuable lifeline when its seems like its impossible. I'm not a religious person at all, but thank God everyday I have an amazing friend who's been through it and is always there for me when it gets tough. Again, hang in there - it's totally worth it!